Friday, November 21, 2008

ACE

I've started with Photoshop back when I was working for TT Corporation Pte. Ltd., Philippines. The company that carries the AKIRA brand of home appliances. The company was quite new and the brand is new in the market.

I was the Marketing Communications Assistant then, and given the limited budget I have to create some if not most of the POP materials.

I think it was Adobe Photoshop 6 then, to get a hands-on training, I enrolled myself to a training class. One-month fo training was not extensive enough. I bought several books and self-studied.

The materials I have to do at work is my practice. I saved some of them in a CD, unfortunately the CD was damaged.

As I transferred to different companies and different fields, I managed to practice my craft.
Now I am using Adobe CS3 Extended. I realized all through these years I've been using my craft for free. I don't have solid experience since I use my skills as a bonus for whatever work I have at hand as my job description.

CS4 is coming soon, and I said to myself it is time I take this craft as a serious matter. For now I am intensively practising and studying while I have idle time. I am looking forward to take the Adobe Certification when I go back to the Philippines in 2009.

To the long-time graphic designers I am a newbie. Any words of wisdom is welcome. I am open to suggestions, any help is highly appreciated. I'll take one step at a time to reach this big dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment